We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to our website, in particular information that is capable of identifying an individual (“personal information”).
1. Personal information
- Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when voluntarily submitted. For example, when supplying personal information in the quotation or buying process to provide you with a product.
- Unless additionally stated at point of collection, any personal information that is submitted to our website is used only for the purpose for which it is submitted or for secondary purposes directly related to the primary purpose.
- We will not share your personal information with any other third parties, other than within our own group of companies, unless we are permitted or required to do so by law or you specifically instruct, or authorize, us to do so.
- We collect, store and use personal information such as first name, surname, addresses, contact numbers, email addresses, ID numbers and vehicle details.
- Your personal information is collected over a secure, encrypted network.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and we review and regularly update our security measures in line with available technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- We do take all reasonable and available steps to protect the personal information you submit to us, both on the website and within our internal information systems. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged, by way of non-disclosure agreements, to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We will not, however, be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
- We make use of SSL technology to encrypt information transmitted from the website to our servers which are password protected and firewalled.
3. Access to information
- You have the right to request access to the personal information we have on record for you at any time and we are obliged to present you with such data upon request.
- You have the right to request that we correct any errors in information held about you.
4. Links to external sites
- We may provide links to websites outside of our website, as well as to third party websites. These sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to from our website.
- Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions and privacy statement of any website before submitting personal data.
5. Contact information
1. About this portal
This Site is owned and operated by Motor Plan Direct. Motor Plan Direct operates under the domain name “motorplandirect.co.za”. The Warranties are underwritten by “Mutual & Federal Risk Financing Ltd.”
The Policy Administrator is Motorvaps an authorised Financial Services Provider FSP Number 45790
2. Links to other websites
- The Motor Plan Direct Site may contain links to websites, which are owned or operated by third parties independent of Motorplandirect.co.za (”Third Party Websites”). Motorplandirect.co.za does not sponsor, endorse or approve of the operators of Third-Party Websites, or material (including services, information, graphics, or data) which is located on such Third-Party Websites (“Third Party Material”).
- The Motorplandirect.co.za Site may contain or link to information about special offers, deals or promotions by persons not related to or part of Motorplandirect.co.za (“Third Party Offers”). Motorplandirect.co.za does not sponsor, endorse, or approve of any Third Party Offers, or Third-Party material associated with these offers.
- Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, Motorplandirect.co.za makes no warranties or representations:
- regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of Third-Party Material, or products or services available through Third Party Websites: or
- that Third-Party Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person. Motorplandirect.co.za is not authorising the reproduction of Third-Party Material by linking Material on this Site to Third Party Material.
- When following a link on the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal, material at a Third-Party Site may be displayed in your browser framed by Material on this Portal. This material is also Third Party.
Your privacy and security is very important to Motor Plan Direct. We collect certain information from you, and it’s used by the Motorplandirect.co.za Site in order to provide online services. The Motorplandirect.co.za Site will record and track the use you make of this portal. The use of this data is subject to our Security and Privacy Statement. Please read our Security and Privacy Statement in full.
4. Motorplandirect.co.za product information and purchase
- Motorplandirect.co.za Site content
- The Motorplandirect.co.za Site contains both information of a general nature about Motorplandirect.co.za and Motorplandirect.co.za’s products and services, and also enables you to purchase and pay for products and services online.
- Completing transactions on the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal
- When entering into a transaction via the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal, whether it be the issuance of an contract, a renewal payment, or a transaction relating to any other product or service, the transaction will not be completed until an “Electronic Instruction” (being any electronic instruction, information, message, request or communication issued or transmitted to Motorplandirect.co.za via the Motorvaps.co.za Portal) containing the acceptance from you to Motorplandirect.co.za’s offer, or the confirmation of payment from you, whichever is applicable, has been received and processed by Motorplandirect.co.za, and any specific steps or requirements as set out in this clause 4, have been complied with.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of your acceptance or the confirmation of any payment, made through an Electronic Instruction may not be received by Motorplandirect.co.za or one of our partners in accordance with this clause 4 for reasons beyond either parties’ reasonable control including, but not limited to, mechanical, software , computer, telecommunications, or electronic failure, or the omission or failure of third party service providers or systems. You further acknowledge that, to the extent permitted by law, Motorvaps (Pty) Ltd is not liable to you in any way for any loss or damage at all and however caused, arising directly or indirectly in connection with the transmission of an Electronic Instruction through the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal, or any failure to receive an Electronic Instruction for whatever reason.
- Purchasing insurance policies and non-insurance products.
- Where the Motorplandirect.co.za Site enables you to purchase insurance products, non-insurance products or services online:
- The parties (Including insurance partners) may enter into an insurance policy using the Motorplandirect.co.za Site by Motorplandirect.co.za making an electronic offer via the Motorplandirect.co.za Site and you electronically communicating your acceptance of that offer via the Motorplandirect.co.za Site to Motorplandirect.co.za.
- Motorplandirect.co.za may act on and process all completed Electronic Instructions transmitted or issued through the Motorplandirect.co.za Site without further consent from or reference to you; andMotorplandirect.co.za may treat an Electronic Instruction as authentic and is under no obligation to investigate the authenticity or authority of persons issuing or transmitting such Electronic Instructions , or to verify the accuracy and completeness of such Electronic Instructions.
- Creating a binding contract with Motorplandirect.co.za via the Motorplandirect.co.za Site is a two-step process:
- The first step is to select the desired product you are interested in and have selected. If you wish to purchase a product in accordance with the selection via the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal, then, upon successful completion by you of all additional required details, step two enables you to accept that quote and create a binding insurance agreement with a corresponding Motorplandirect.co.za policy or membership number
- When entering into a contract via the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal, you will be taken to have communicated your acceptance to an offer of insurance from Motorplandirect.co.za
- the Electronic Instruction containing the acceptance from you enters and is recorded the main database.
- a record is created and stored in the database.
- a Motorplandirect.co.za policy number is generated by the Motorplandirect.co.za database; and Motorplandirect.co.za receives all required details of a current and valid bank account which you are authorised to use, which is of a type accepted by Motorplandirect.co.za, and to which Motorplandirect.co.za is able to charge a premium or payment.
- A binding contract is conditional on Motorplandirect.co.za or one of our partners being able successfully charge against your nominated bank account and receiving timeous payment of your applicable premium.
- Where a transaction is entered into between Motorplandirect.co.za or one of our partners you via the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal, a policy or membership number will be issued by Motorplandirect.co.za via the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal. However, a binding agreement is not conditional on the issuance or receipt by you of a policy number. Therefore, the failure by you to receive a policy number via the Motorvaps .co .za Site does not invalidate or otherwise prejudice the existence of a contract or transaction entered into using the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal.
- Motorplandirect.co.za may or may not issue a paper confirmation of the insurance policy or product. The existence of a binding contract is not conditional on Motorplandirect.co.za issuing, or you are receiving, a paper confirmation of the transaction.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you receive a policy number and should contact Motorplandirect.co.za if one is not received within 24 hours.
- Where you only complete a quote on the Motorplandirect.co.za Site a binding agreement i not created. A binding agreement will only be created once Motorplandirect.co.za receives your full payment.
- All payments for any products or other services purchased via the Motorplandirect.co.za Site must be paid in full by clear funds by the due date specified.
- Unless provided for otherwise, all payments referred to in (5. A) above are to be made by selected bank accounts. You must therefore provide to Motorplandirect.co.za details of you current and valid bank account. Including:
- Bank account type
- Name of bank
- Bank branch
- Branch number
- Bank account number
- Account name
6. Motorplandirect.co.za’s standard terms and conditions apply
All applications for insurance or other products made via this Motorplandirect.co.za Site are subject to and must comply with Motorplandirect.co.za’s normal approval criteria and are governed by the normal terms and conditions applying to each product or service requested. Full terms and conditions are contained within the policy documents (which include a policy schedule or certificate of insurance, policy wording and Disclosure Statement and Important Information about Us). These can be accessed on the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal
Whilst reasonable steps have been undertaken to ensure that information is free from error, Motorplandirect.co.za does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of Material on this Portal. All information is subject to change without notice. Motorplandirect.co.za does not guarantee that the Motorplandirect.co.za Site or Third-Party Websites will be free from viruses, or that access to the Motorplandirect.co.za Site or Third-Party Websites will function as intended or be uninterrupted. All terms implied by law, except those that cannot be lawfully excluded, are excluded.
8. Limitation of Liability
Subject to any responsibilities implied by law and which cannot be excluded, Motorplandirect.co.za, and its directors, employees, agents and contractors, are not liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of or referable to Material on this Portal, to Third Party Material, third party services, or to access of the Motorplandirect.co.za Site by you, howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort including negligence statute or otherwise.
10. No financial or investment advice
The Motorplandirect.co.za Site does not purport to provide you with financial or investment advice on any kind. The information available via the Motorplandirect.co.za Site does not take account of your financial
or insurance position or requirements. Motorplandirect.co.za suggests that you seek independent advice before acting upon Material on this Site or Third-Party Material.
11. Availability of the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal
- As electronic services are subject to interruption or breakdown, access to the Motorplandirect.co.za Site is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis only.
12. Use of the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal
The information and material contained in this Motorplandirect.co.za Site is provided solely for bona fide personal or commercial customers only. By accessing, viewing or otherwise using this Motorplandirect.co.za Portal, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of use contained in this clause and clause 14.
You agree that you will not (either yourself or through any third party):
- use any robot, spider , screen scraper, data aggregation tool or other automatic device or process (“Automated Process “) to process , monitor, copy or extract any web pages on the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal, or any of the information, content or data contained within or accessible through the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal, without Motorplandirect.co.za’s prior written permission;
- use any Automated Process to aggregate or combine information, content or data contained within or accessible through the Motorplandirect.co.za Site with information, content or data accessible via or sourced from any third party.
- use any information on or accessed through the Motorplandirect.co.za Site for any commercial purpose (including but not limited to market research, the provision of pricing estimates or ‘shadow shopping’) or otherwise (either directly or indirectly) for profit or gain.
- use any device, software, process or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Motorplandirect.co.za Site or any transaction or process being conducted on or through it.
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of or bandwidth connecting to the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal.
- reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decompile, or otherwise attempt to discover source code or other arithmetical formula or processes in respect of the software underlying the infrastructure and processes associated with the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal; or
- copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, or publicly display, any part of any content from the Motorplandirect.co.za Site without Motorplandirect.co.za’s prior written permission.
13. No use of Motorplandirect.co.za Site for unrelated persons
You must only use the Motorplandirect.co.za Site to
- obtain motor related products and services.
- obtain other information relating to the cover from Motorplandirect.co.za; or
- conduct transactions or queries, in respect of insurance cover for you or a member of your immediate family (with their prior consent) or for a commercial enterprise for which you seek bona fide cover. You also agree to indemnify Motorplandirect.co.za in respect of any liability incurred by Motorplandirect.co.za for any loss, cost damage or expense, howsoever caused, suffered by Motorplandirect.co.za as a result of your breach of this clause 14.
14. Third party providers
15. Copyright and Trademarks
- Copyright in the Material on this Site is owned or licensed by Motor Plan Direct and/or its affiliates or associate companies.
- Except where necessary for and incidental to viewing the Material on this Site via your web browser, or as permitted under the Copyright Act 98 of 1978 as amended or other applicable laws, no Material on this Site may be reproduced, stored in an electronic or other retrieval system, adapted, uploaded to a third-party location, framed, performed in public or transmitted in any form by any process whatsoever without the specific written consent of Motorplandirect.co.za.
- Motor Plan Direct and the Motor Plan Direct logo are both registered trademarks of Motor Plan Direct. Third Party trademarks are trademarks of the respective third parties.
- We only offer and provide products within South Africa.
- The law applicable to the Motorplandirect.co.za Site and to disputes arising out of the Motorvaps.co.za Site is the law of the Republic of South Africa.
19. Linking to Motorplandirect.co.za
Linking to the Motorplandirect.co.za Site is only permitted when authorised in writing by Motorplandirect.co.za. Please contact Motorplandirect.co.za if you would like to link to any part of the Motorplandirect.co.za Portal.
20. Grant of Licence
Motor Plan Direct grants you the right to use the software accessed by this portal for the purposes of providing you with Motorvaps (Pty) Ltd products and services. You may not sell, licence or distribute this software. A licence fee is included in the premium Motorplandirect.co.za charges, entitling you to use the software for the period of your policy.